The Ford Country Squire is a line of full-size station wagons that was assembled and marketed by Ford Motor Company from the 1950 to 1991 model years in North America for its namesake Ford division. Throughout its entire production run, the Country Squire was the premium station wagon model of the division, sold only in the full-size car range. In use for 41 years, it was the third longest-used car nameplate used by Ford in North America (behind only the Thunderbird and Mustang).
Although all Country Squires feature woodgrain body trim, only the first-generation 1950-1951 versions are true "Woodies". To reduce the production cost, for 1952, Ford replaced wood trim with an all-steel body; ever since, exterior body trim has consisted of simulated woodgrain (with varying degrees of coverage on the body). The genuine wood body panels were manufactured at the Ford Iron Mountain Plant in the Michigan Upper Peninsulafrom lumber owned by Ford Motor Company.
As part of the full-size Ford model line, the Ford Country Squire would be paired with several Ford models over its production run. During its first two generations, the Country Squire was based upon the Ford Custom Deluxe (and the Ford Crestline that replaced it). From 1955 to 1968, station wagons were a separate model line from Ford sedans, though the Country Squire shared its interior trim with the Fairlane (and the Ford Galaxie that replaced it). For 1969, as station wagons were consolidated with Ford sedans, the Country Squire became part of the Ford LTD model line. As the LTD became the Ford LTD Crown Victoria in 1983, the LTD Country Squire remained a full-size station wagon through the 1991 model year.
During its production run, the Ford Country Squire was joined by two other equivalent woodgrained station wagons in other Ford divisions: In 1958, the Edsel division sold the Edsel Bermuda (which became the rarest Edsel); from 1957 to 1991, Lincoln-Mercury sold the Mercury Colony Park, sharing the bodyshell of the Country Squire from 1961 onwards.
GC-003 A 1961 FORD COUNTRY SQUIRE Metallic Green
The 1961 Ford Country Squire is the second Station Wagon in the Goldvarg Collection history, being the 1949 Plymouth Commercial Utility the very first one. This Plymouth was the last model in white metal "Made in Argentina". Only 300 units were manufactured. A "Pick-Up" prototype was made,. but it was never manufactured and remains in Sergio Goldvarg private collection.
GC-002A GREEN METALLIC