As the 1950s ensued, the NYPD went back and forth between Fords and Plymouths, the latter including a run of P-19 business coupes during 1950.
In 1953 the Ford Courier "Emergency Service Division was added to the fleeet. The last cars to carry the traditional NYPD light boxes were an order of Ford Mainline sedans, with the 223-cu.in., 120-hp straight-six, that were delivered in 1955. The following year, the department took delivery of new 1956 Chevrolet 150 two-door sedans, with the base 235.5-cu.in., 140-hp Stovebolt six for power. These were the first NYPD cars fitted with a rotary roof beacon, the Federal Beacon Ray, with a red dome.
top of page
Out of Stock
bottom of page